This isn’t an insignificant one. Here’s the good updates:
- Completely revamped the uninstall process. Rather than using SIF for uninstall, we’re going with plain PowerShell. This might not be the end-game here, but this is a lot cleaner and fault tolerant. It can also be re-run multiple times to clean up an instance, and it won’t fail.
- Added checks in the generated PS1 file for SIF install, SitecoreFundamentals, Admin mode and PowerShell version.
- Simplified the Configuration Manifest file. Moved fields to a configuration, rather than a file. Files now shouldn’t contain Script Maps, as those really just belong at the Version/Topology Combo level.
- On the Main Window, all the Configurations should sort alphabetically.
- Name the topologies something more meaningful: XM0, XM1, and XP0. (Note: If you have existing configurations saved, you may need to re-save them. It shouldn’t drop them from SIF-less..if it does, let me know in the comments)
As per the usual, you can find the download the zip here.
You can snag it on Github here: https://github.com/RAhnemann/sif-less